February 04, 2020

Poor in Spirit

Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the realm of God.
                           Matthew 5:3

God, may I be an empty vessel for you.
Bless my willingness to have nothing to offer
except your presence in me,
and my trust in your grace in this world.

Bless my willingness to mourn for my losses,
to weep with those who suffer,
to lament the brokenness of the world.
I trust and await your consolation.

Give me courage to be powerless, to be inadequate,
to be weak, to depend on you,
and trust that in my emptiness
your grace is infinite and miraculous.

Give me faith to work for justice,
to be a peacemaker amid hate and anger,
to bear your spirit into fearful places,
for I am your child, your Beloved.

Steve Garnass-Holmes, unfoldinglight.net, January 28, 2020



No comments:

Post a Comment