May 05, 2020

When I was a Creek

When I was
a tree,

I sang and danced
with the wind
and offered
food and refuge
to all who came.

When I was
a cloud,

I floated freely
bringing
shade and rain
wherever they
were needed.

When I was
a creek,

I flowed effortlessly
around stones
and nourished life
everywhere
I went.

When I was
a seed,

I held
the story
of what
I would become
inside me

until the sun
and rain
let me know
it was time
to share.

When I was
a flower,

I opened up
to reveal
my beauty
and invited the bees
to share
my sweetness.

Now I am
human

and can do so
many things,

yet I am
full of questions
about who I am
and why I'm here.

Kai Siedenburg, Poems of Earth and Spirit: 70 Poems and 40 Practices To Deepen Your Connection with Nature (Our Nature Connection, 2017)




No comments:

Post a Comment