January 08, 2021

The Beloved

 

It was a voice out of nowhere.

It was a voice from everywhere.

It was the voice of love.

It was the voice from above.
.

“You are my beloved,” came the words;

“You are my beloved,” was what they heard.

“You are my Son;”

“You are the One.”

 

The words were spoken at the river

By One, who of all life, is the giver.

The words were spoken to identify Jesus;

The words were spoken that God might touch us.

.

Down through the centuries of life,

Through war and pestilence and strife,

The faithful lose all fear,

When “You are my beloved” is what they hear.

.

The words are meant for all;

The words are God’s call.

“I love you without reserve.”

“I love you more than you deserve.”

.

And then there comes a time in each soul

When we embrace our God and commit our whole.

We say we will follow Jesus’ way

And in his path we will stay.

 

Robert McDowell, pastorrobert-nikos.blogspot.com, January 7, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment